|Coating||polycaprolactone and Calcium Stearate|
|In vitro retention of strength||More than 65% at 2 weeks|
|Tissue Reaction||Non-antigenic, non-pyrogenic and elicits only a mild tissue reaction during the absorption process|
|Absorption Time||Completely absorbed in 60-90 days|
|Available in Sizes||6-0, 5-0, 4-0, 3-0, 2-0, 0, 1, 2|
|Colour||Violet and Undyed|
- DAMACRYL is absorbable multifilament sterilized suture absorbed in-vivo by simple hydrolytic mechanism.
- DAMACRYL sutures have excellent tensile strength even more than poly galectin 910 and catgut.
- DAMACRYL sutures are tightly braided to increase tensile strength.
- DAMACRYL Sutures have required softness and smoothness to enhance suture passage through tissue without any tissue trauma or inflammatory reaction.
- DAMACRYL sutures have good knot security and easy knot placement.
- DAMACRYL sutures have practical and wide verity usage.
Used in surgical procedure for general soft tissue which include several procedures such as ophthalmic surgery, except neurological surgery and cardiovascular surgery, also used in soft tissue approximation and ligation. these sutures being absorbable shouldn’t be used where extended approximation and ligation for tissue is required.