|In vitro retention of strength.||Although Silk is classified as a non-absorbable suture, it loses most of its tensile strength in one year|
|Available in Sizes||6-0, 5-0, 4-0, 3-0, 2-0, 0, 1, 2|
- DAMASILK are sterilized non-absorbable braided multifilament surgical sutures.
- DAMASILK sutures are special treated with silicon to give smoothness and enhance properties of passage through tissue which causes minimal tissue trauma.
- DAMASILK suture elicits a minimal initial inflammatory reaction in tissues.
- DAMASILK have good tensile strength
- DAMASILK sutures are braided with special technology to ensure that tight braiding.
DAMASILK suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and ligation, and used in a wide variety of surgical procedures. It should also not be used where permanent retention of tensile strength is required as in fixation of intraocular lenses or synthetic vascular grafts, due to gradual loss of tensile strength which may occur over prolonged periods in vivo and also, not use in patients with known allergies and sensitivities to Silk
These details intended for professional at health care field, if you are patient it’s important to share the properties and effects of product with your doctor.